Thursday, April 3, 2008

Aerial View of the Canals


This isn't the greatest photo, it was taken through the window of a Cessna light aircraft a few years ago, when our son was busy getting his pilot's licence, and took me for a flip to St Francis. But I thought it might be interesting to show you the canals in their context. The dark strip that runs diagonally up the picture with a road on either side is the Kromme River. The white area to the top of the picture is a continuation of the dunes of the sand River system, which extends far to the left off the picture.
There has been a lot of development since this was taken, and a whole new section of canal has been made. Sadly it is unlikely I will be going back for more aerial pix anytime soon..... our son now lives on the other end of Africa and just after this photo was taken I lost my breakfast, I suffer from terrible airsickness!

5 comments:

Sonia said...

Sure, this photo is great, just amazing! Well done!

Sonia said...

I forgot to say, LOVE your new banner!

quintarantino said...

I hate flying but we get amazing photos.

sam said...

yes Q, it's called SUFFERING FOR YOUR ART!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey i just came here to let you know about a service i offer. I offer cheap backlinks that can help you website rank significantly better on Google. Traffic is everything and to get decent traffic you need to rank well in the search engines. My service can help provide that, check out my site http://hellomotow.net/backlinks