Thursday, April 3, 2008

Aerial View of the Canals


This isn't the greatest photo, it was taken through the window of a Cessna light aircraft a few years ago, when our son was busy getting his pilot's licence, and took me for a flip to St Francis. But I thought it might be interesting to show you the canals in their context. The dark strip that runs diagonally up the picture with a road on either side is the Kromme River. The white area to the top of the picture is a continuation of the dunes of the sand River system, which extends far to the left off the picture.
There has been a lot of development since this was taken, and a whole new section of canal has been made. Sadly it is unlikely I will be going back for more aerial pix anytime soon..... our son now lives on the other end of Africa and just after this photo was taken I lost my breakfast, I suffer from terrible airsickness!

4 comments:

sonia a. mascaro said...

Sure, this photo is great, just amazing! Well done!

sonia a. mascaro said...

I forgot to say, LOVE your new banner!

Anonymous said...

I hate flying but we get amazing photos.

sam said...

yes Q, it's called SUFFERING FOR YOUR ART!!!! :)